Monday, May 21, 2007

This and That

I've been told by one of my new and loyal readers that I haven't posted anything new in a while. Because I don't want to leave my "fans" starving for my witty and clever prose, here is a post about nothing in particular.

So what's new?

Work: Work has been going really well. I think I've reached the point where I have found my new groove and where I feel really comfortable in what I'm doing. Naturally when you start a new job, it takes some time to adjust, and I think I've reached that point. There are some things and procedures I'm still learning, but everything is getting easier. The books are interesting and the authors have been great to work with. It is certainly much better than dealing with arrogant, egotistical, self-centered lawyers and their boring legal books that no one will ever read.

Umm...

Hair and beauty: I looked in the mirror one morning and was struck by how terrible I looked. Actually, I've been noticing this nearly every day for the past few weeks. My hair was getting long and out of control. And since it has grown so much over the past few months, the long dark roots under all of the blond and copper highlights didn't look so stylish. So I had an appointment this past weekend to give myself a complete change. I had about four or five inches cut (my hair grows like weeds) and I went for my darker, more natural color. But, of course, I had to add a fun touch of color. So I have some vibrant red highlights throughout, which actually looks nice against the black hair. And since I've been trying to "refresh" my look, I've been some wonderful "regenerist" and "anti-aging" Oil of Olay products that are giving my skin a nice healthy glow. Yes, I'm only 32, but everyone wants glowing skin. Oh, let's face it, I'm gorgeous, and everyone knows it...

Umm...

Weather: The weather these days has been wonderful. I won't say "cool, but not cold." It's been warm...but not hot. We had a nice, brief thunderstorm this afternoon. The only unfortunate thing is that I don't have a window in my new office, so I had to just imagine what the lightning looked like. But, as everyone knows, I have a pretty good imagination.

Poetry: My personal, beautiful Muse inspires me every day, but I'm just waiting for the right words to come out. A new poem will come soon...

Current mood: relaxed
Current music: Tori Amos. American Doll Posse
Current drink: Ruffino Aziano Chianti Classico Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita -- I have no idea what those last six words mean. That's why I need to learn Italian. Plus, I just want another language under my belt, and at least Italian isn't "dead." Either way, the wine is wonderful!

No comments: