Saturday, June 02, 2007

Another Random Observation

Has anyone noticed that in spite of the fact that people seem to be buying bigger and bigger cars, the parking slots in parking lots seem to be getting smaller and smaller? I guess people design parking lots to accommodate more customers (and cars) by making their parking spaces smaller so that they can fit more cars in the lot. Well, if one SUV takes two spots, what is the purpose? And if someone else parks on the lines, who is going to park next to that person? I have a fairly small car and I'm a small person, but sometimes I can barely open my door and squeeze myself out of my car. In parking lots like this, I often park myself in one of the last rows, away from everyone else, so I don't have to worry about being near any other cars. Naturally, however, in spite of being surrounded by about ten or twenty open spaces, some idiot in an Escalade or Explorer or Hummer decides to park in the slot right next to me. That's when you really want to slash a few tires!

--written after a frustrating experience in the Whole Foods/Barnes & Noble Parking Lot of Death on Pearl Street in Boulder, Colorado.

No comments: