Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Soreness and Business Trips

Soreness: So I'm on the first week of my new health and fitness kick. This latest fitness kick involves a lot of weight lifting. Tonight I'm on the "off" portion of my "3 on-1 off" routine which means that I would work out three days then rest on the fourth day. I was planning on working out every day, but it became a 3 on-1 off routine by default, because I...can't...move...my...body. In a nutshell, I'm feeling a tad sore. Now, back in the good old days when I used to "train" people in weight lifting, I would always tell them to start out slow and to use lighter weights if they haven't trained in a while. It makes good sense. Is that what I do? Of course not. I couldn't possibly take and follow my own advice--do as I say, not as I do! Instead of starting out slow and light, I started out hard and heavy. I put myself through the routine I used to put myself through when I was in the 10th grade. Yes, and right now no one needs to remind me that I was in the 10th grade nearly 17 years ago! No one needs to remind me that I'm not as young and strong as I used to be, because my old and decrepit body speaks for itself. Oh well. It feels bad now, but it will feel much better next week. And another good side effect of working out is that I'm sleeping much better these days, with the one exception of the night I dreamed I was being eaten by a grizzly bear.

Business Trips: Well, it is official. I will be making a business trip out to New York at the end of July. Technically the sales conference/launch I'm going to will last only about three days from July 24 to July 26, and I would come home on the 27th. But, if I can get approval, I might stay an extra day and come back on the 28th instead. I found out that the Metropolitan Museum of Art has a nice collection of Greek and Roman art. Because it is difficult to find Classical exhibits in Colorado, I might as well take advantage of the opportunity while I have it. Plus, I'll be staying at a very nice (and expensive) hotel while I'm there.

No comments: