Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Less Moody...More Happy

For the past few days I have been feeling a tad moody. Maybe it is because I haven't been sleeping that well lately. Either way, I'm feeling better today.

My first book at my new job just came out and is finally in print. This book is what we call a delayed paperback (I think we call it delayed), so this is simply a paperback edition of a hardback book that came out last year. These types of books usually don't require that much work, and typically all you'd have to do is copyedit a new preface or introduction and make a few other corrections to the text throughout the book. It's not like working on a "new" book, but a book is a book and you can still be proud of it. Anyway, I received my advanced copy today, and it is proudly sitting (by itself for now) on a shelf in my cube.

In other work related news, I found out this morning that I will probably be going to New York City or Cambridge, Massachusetts, for a sales launch next month. And that is launch not lunch. This is basically a huge meeting where the Acquisitions Editors pitch their new books and proposals. It gives us a preview of the books we might be working on within the next year or two. I haven't been to either New York or Cambridge. I usually feel a bit claustrophobic and stressed out in big cities, but I think that this will be an exciting and interesting little business trip. Heck, if I go to New York, maybe I can find my way into a Law & Order episode.

Also on the horizon: more happy hours at the Purple Martini with good friends, possibly Julius Caesar at the Colorado Shakespeare festival in Boulder with a good friend...

Current mood: happy and relaxed, dancing around my apartment
Current music: Maroon 5. It Won't Be Soon Before Long

No comments: