Monday, March 03, 2008

Crazy Dreams

So I had a very strange dream last night. I had a dream that I went to the doctor and she was examining me. She started feeling my neck then she looked down my throat. Then the next thing she said was, "yep, you're pregnant." Umm, what? "Don't you want to check my urine or blood or something," I said. Her simple reply was, "no, there's no need." I walked out of her office somewhat perplexed and confused. How can she tell if I'm pregnant by just feeling my neck and looking down my throat? I don't have my tonsils anymore, thanks to a traumatic childhood operation, so that can't be it... Was she feeling my thyroid or lymph node or whatever the heck that is in your neck?? I was really confused and perplexed, and then I started to panic. Oh my God. What am I going to do? How can I work and take care of a baby at the same time? Then wondered... who the heck is the father? What?? Then I looked down at my tummy and my belly button looked strange, and then I had stomach cramps like some kind of psychosomatic labor pains or something. So I started panicking even more, and I must have scared myself and woken myself up. But even when I was awake, I was still freaking out. Oh My God, what am going to do???

It took me a few minutes to realize that it was only a dream. Where in the world did that dream come from? Just about anyone who knows me knows that the chances of me getting pregnant are pretty slim for various reasons, unless somehow I'm impregnated by Satan and thus forced to give birth to the Antichrist, but that's also probably unlikely...though nevertheless a somewhat amusing thought. Anyway. I was talking to one of my friends at work about this dream, and she seems to think that it is related to stress and carrying a heavy workload. I think that this is true, but I checked some online dream dictionaries and most of the explanations were positive. One dictionary says that being pregnant symbolizes some aspect of myself or my personal life that is growing or developing. It says that it can represent new ideas, new directions, new goals, or new projects. I have plenty of projects right now, so I don't need any more, thank you. Another dream dictionary says that it is a sign that I will have an increase in material wealth. Great, maybe I should play the lottery. But then there was a note that if you are "unwed" then it is a possible sign of losses. So I can't get married legally, so now what does that mean?

Oy! Needless to say, it wasn't a great dream. In fact I prefer my dreams where I get eaten by bears or when I'm fighting in the Civil War. I can handle bears and war, but pregnancy???

Current mood: confused
Current music: shuffle - Beth Waters "Philosophy"
Current drink: Jack Daniels, straight up - fortunately I can still drink since I'm not pregnant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what did you have for dinner that night...?

Tenth Muse said...

All I had was pasta. Maybe it was something I drank??