Sunday, March 09, 2008

This and That Weekend Edition

Friday was my birthday and it was a pretty good day. The editorial department and the design/composition department often get together when someone in one of the departments has a birthday. Usually we just bring in food, set it out on a table, and pretty much snack all day. I had a nice spread of cheese and crackers, hummus, fruit, chocolate pretzel sandwiches, and cake. Later in the day a beautiful co-worker took me out for a wonderful lunch at Laudisio, an Italian restaurant in the 29th Street Mall here in Boulder. We had a little three-course lunch complete with soup, entree, and dessert. And we also had a glass of Chianti with our meal. It was a lovely lunch. When we got back to the office, I snacked on some more food and ate a big piece of chocolate cake. I think I more or less ate my weight in food that day. For the evening, I just came home and relaxed and didn't do anything special.

I took it easy on Saturday and relaxed for most of the day. Then today, Sunday, I went into the office for a few hours. Surprisingly, I wasn't the only one there. There were a few other people who were there working. I didn't do that much work per se. I mostly went there to clean and tidy up my cubicle and to get myself organized for the coming week. Sure, I have more than enough work to do, and I could have spent eight hours at the office today, but I decided not to. I asked myself why I was working on my birthday weekend, so after I got everything cleaned and organized, I left.

Because it was my birthday and because I've been working so hard, I decided that it was time I give myself a treat or a present. So I went to Victoria's Secret and threw myself into a pile of underwear. I'm sure I don't really need new underwear, but they sent me a $10-off birthday gift card, so I figured that I might as well use it. For me, walking into Victoria's Secret is like a junkie walking into a room of crack dealers, but I was sensible and didn't overdue it.

Current mood: relaxed but not looking forward to Monday
Current music: Maroon 5. It Won't Be Soon Before Long
Current drink: Barq's Root Beer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!