Saturday, March 01, 2008

Why I Often Hate the Human Race

I went to Super Target to pick up a few things, and I walked into a check-out lane behind a family. The all-American family with a father, blond mother, and two blond kids. They took their goods out of the shopping cart and put them on the little conveyor belt. Their goods moved forward and their cart was empty. Now, normally at a time like this a normal person would grab the cart and push it toward the end of the line so that the next person (that would be me) could move forward and put their things on the conveyor belt. Obviously these people weren't normal...or considerate...or intelligent. Instead they just left the cart at the beginning of the lane and in my way. I put my little shopping basket on the conveyor belt, hoping that would get their attention and they would do something like say, "oh, I'm sorry," and move their cart out of the way. No such thing happened. And as my little shopping basket moved forward without me, I inched their shopping cart forward hoping that would get their attention. Nope. They paid and sort of walked away, but I guess you can say that they just clustered and gathered at the end of the lane. I pushed their cart forward right behind them. That still didn't get their attention in spite of the fact that they were still standing right there. I paid and grabbed my two bags and put them in the shopping cart because it was still in my way. The evil side of me wanted to grab the shopping cart and, with all my strength, ram it into the parents and hopefully knock them to the ground where I could run them over completely and then step on their heads with my big black boots. But then I thought it would probably be best to not traumatize the kids. Besides the kids probably have enough trauma in their lives, because their parents are IDIOTS!

Current mood: annoyed
Current music: shuffle - Maroon 5 "Harder to Breathe"
Current drink: Barq's Root Beer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

See I probably would've "accidentally" nudged the cart so it bruised one of their ankles. One of the advantages of the bandana is they probably would bite their tongue and head off.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm thinking I would have nudged the cart as well...interesting topic for a survey!