Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This and That

I'm sure some of you have been waiting for an update...maybe? Maybe not?

Not much has been going on, really. It is only Wednesday, and it already feels like it has been a long week. I've just been busy. We've all been busy, actually. Everyone--well, a few of us, mostly the editors--has been feeling pretty stressed out. You hear the typical comments of "I can barely keep my head above water," or, "I feel like I'm sinking in quicksand," etc. The editors have been working hard, and we've been working long hours. Some people take work home with them. Some of us stay at the office until 6:00 or 7:00. And, of course, I'm one of the two or three who stay at work until 6:00 or 7:00 and take work home. We're all pretty exhausted. I would like to take at least one or two days off, but I don't really know how I would manage that. Taking time off when you have so much going on just isn't realistic or practical. I honestly don't think I will be able to take time off until mid-May. The only way I will be able to stay home is if someone stands in front of my door and prevents me from leaving my apartment! But, unfortunately that's not going to happen.

So I guess I can look forward to May. Hopefully I will last that long. On the bright side, I haven't gotten sick like a few other people in the office. But I'm still feeling pretty darn tired!

Current mood: exhausted
Current drink: Jack Daniels

No comments: