Saturday, March 01, 2008

Feeling Better

So I am feeling in much better spirits right now. Yes, things have been crazy at work, and, yes, I have been working some very long hours. But fortunately, as I wrote before, I have a brief moment to catch my breath. Right now most of my "time-sensitive" projects are with someone else, so the pressure is off me for a few weeks. It gives me some time to catch up on other things, and hopefully I won't have to put in those 10- or 12-hour workdays anymore...at least not for a few more weeks...

But while I've calmed down a little bit, my beautiful friend and co-worker is feeling a little stressed and panicked right now. Fortunately we take turns being stressed out, so we can take turns trying to calm the other down. It works out nicely, actually. We both might go into the office on Sunday, not necessarily to work but to clean and get organized. When you have so many projects going on at once your cubicle tends to get overtaken by page proofs, design samples, forms, notes, etc. It starts to get overwhelming, and, well, it makes it harder to find things. So we might go in on Sunday to do some spring cleaning of our cubes. We'll see. We might also decide to stay home and be lazy.

Meanwhile, the weather is supposed to be beautiful today. Right now I'm sitting in my "office" with the windows open. It's sunny, the skies are blue, and it is supposed to get into the 70s today. So now I'm feeling energized to do some cleaning around the apartment, to get out to run a bunch of errands (I have a million things to take to the recycling center), and to just enjoy a beautiful day.

Current mood: good - dancing around my apartment and singing off key (I have no talent)
Current music: shuffle - Melissa Etheridge "Lucky"
Current drink: coffee...organic and free trade, of course... :-)

No comments: