Sunday, March 23, 2008

This and That Weekend Edition

This has been a mixed weekend in that it was both busy and quiet. On Saturday I went on a major shopping spree to buy some more clothes for work. I'm far from fashionable, but I needed some more things to wear other than the standard 10 or 15 or so things that I normally wear. So I bought a bunch of shirts and some new jeans. I should have bought some more dress pants, but I didn't. All I have to say is thank God I don't have to wear full business attire to work! I'm glad I work in a relaxed industry.

Naturally after buying a bunch of new clothes, I had to do a ton of laundry, and that is what I did for some of the day today. I also brought work home with me. In spite of making a pretty decent dent in the piles of work that I had to do at work this past week, I still had to bring a lot of work home with me. I worked on it for about five hours this afternoon. I didn't finish as much as I would have liked, but my eyes and my back were getting tired, so I gave up. Instead, I decided to watch a very fabulous movie, Once, that I rented on Netflix. It was beautiful. It was also relaxing and calming which is what I needed tonight. Now I only wish that I had a glass of wine!

No comments: