Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday

This was another busy and exhausting week at work, but it was also a good week. If I can survive the next three weeks, I think I'll be OK. On Monday I have one book going to press. The following Monday, on the 21st, I have another book going to press (or is it two?). Then on the Monday after that, I have two more books going to press (or is it three??). Anyway, there is a lot going to press right now.

Today I also had my one-year review, and it went quite well. Everyone had wonderful and positive things to say about me, so that makes me feel good. I'm always amused when people comment that I approach work and handle things in a very calm manner. I suppose I am relatively calm at work. What people don't know is that I often come home from work stressed out, freaked out, and that I just drown myself in a glass of Cognac. Whatever works, I suppose. Anyway, I'm pleased that the review went well, and I'm even more pleased that it came with a reasonable raise.

Because I did so well on my review, I'm thinking of giving myself a prize. I just don't know what it is yet...

Because I've been so busy at work, the rest of my life has more or less been on hold. I'm behind in my cleaning and laundry, and I STILL need to do my taxes (darn it!). I wish I could be more on top of things and organized like one of my friends who finished her taxes in February! Oh, I can only dream and aspire to be like her... :)

Current mood: tired, but positive
Current music: Lisa Gerrard. The Silver Tree
Current drink: what do you think? Remy Martin VSOP Cognac

No comments: