Sunday, April 20, 2008

Torn...

I'm torn right now. My lease on my apartment expires at the end of July, and I'm torn on whether I should renew my lease or look for a new place. Right now my apartment is in a good location in the middle of Boulder. It's my little cabin, and it's cute and has a certain charm to it. But it is starting to feel like it is getting to small for me. I'd like a bigger kitchen--one with more than one drawer and just a few cabinets. I'd like more than one closet. I'd like a bigger bathroom. In general I just need more space for all of the stuff (mostly books) that I've accumulated over the years.

I looked online and found what look like good places in Gunbarrel, which is just a few miles northeast of Boulder. One place I'm interested in would be more expensive than what I'm paying now, but it will have more amenities. It would be much bigger, and I'd be going from a 600 500 sq. ft. apartment to one that is about 925 sq. ft. There would be a living room, bedroom, and a dining room. There would be a much bigger kitchen with newer appliances. Some apartments have ceiling fans and fireplaces. And it has walk-in closets! It would still be only 4-5 miles from the office. Etc., etc., etc. It sounds pretty tempting. I don't know. I've only looked at it online, so I'd have to see it in person to make a real decision. Maybe I'll make an appointment this week to check things out...

No comments: