Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Apartments...again...

Today I had an opportunity to take a look at some specific apartments. Right now there are two units that will be available soon. One is on the first floor, and the other is on the third floor. They are both the same plans and have the same square footage. The first floor apartment would be a north-facing apartment, so it would probably get less light. In the winter things would probably be really dark and cold. The third floor apartment, however, would be south-facing, meaning it would get a lot of light. I prefer natural light and it would be nice to have a balcony in a warm, sunny spot. The third floor would be safer--not that Gunbarrel, despite its name, is the hotbed of crime by any means--and it would be more private and have a nicer view. It's also the top floor, so I wouldn't have anyone stomping around above me. The only negative is that it will be more of a pain to move things up three flights of stairs.

These units will be available in June. My lease in my current place doesn't expire until July. However, this new complex is having a special deal right now where the first month's rent would be free. So the apartment would be available to me for the entire month of June, and I could move in gradually which is really appealing. Then I can hire some movers to deal with all of the big furniture.

This is all very tempting, but I need to make a decision quickly so that I can take advantage of the deal for a free month's rent and take advantage of the nicer apartment.

Current mood: on lifted spirits
Current drink: milk
Current music: iTunes shuffling - Dixie Chicks "Lullaby"

2 comments:

Laura said...

Take it, silly! Call them NOW!!

Tenth Muse said...

Okay, okay! I'm glad someone is taking interest in all of this! I called, and the place is mine. Third floor, southern exposure. I have an appointment to sign all of the paperwork next weekend. Then I'll get my keys! Woohoo!