Wednesday, May 07, 2008

This and That

Work: After the past few hectic months, things have finally quieted down at work. Everyone is thankful, and now we finally have an opportunity to relax and occasionally goof off. We've also been making a habit of getting out of the office for lunch rather than eating our lunch at our desks. We usually just go outside and sit at the picnic tables, but now that it is finally turning into spring, the weather has been beautiful. It's been perfect so far.

Weather: With the one exception of a random snowstorm last week, it is finally turning into spring. Early this morning I was awakened by the sound of rain. At first it was a gentle rain, but then it started to fall harder. I think at one point it might have turned to little drops of hail. But there was also lightning and thunder, and I just love thunderstorms. There is just something passionate and sexy about thunderstorms, if that doesn't sound too strange. And now that spring is here, it won't be long before we'll have beautiful and awesome sunsets. So you can probably expect to see a lot of pictures of clouds and sunsets in the next few months.

Food:
I think I finally perfected my turkey chili! For whatever reason, I've been eating less red meat these days. Sure, I still crave (and eat) nice burgers and steaks, but I've just been cooking less red meat these days. I think the motivation was to try to be healthier. Lately I've been using more turkey, which is sort of strange because I always thought I didn't like turkey. Anyway, yesterday I made some turkey chili for myself, and it was so yummy. In the past I usually just browned up some meat, added diced tomatoes, and the little premade spice mixes. I usually never added beans to my chili because I didn't really like beans. Then eventually I discovered that I liked black beans, so I started putting that in my chili. But yesterday, on a whim, I decided to use pinto beans. I'm starting to think that, in chili, I prefer pinto beans. And, also on a whim, I decided to chop up some carrots and onions and add them to the chili, too. Then I topped it with some Pace picante sauce, cheese, and sour cream. And I loved it! And I made a pretty big batch so I had plenty of leftovers for today's lunch and dinner, and I probably have enough for dinner tomorrow.

Current mood: full with turkey chili and happy
Current music: random shuffle. Currently Moby "Lift Me Up" from Hotel
Current drink: Fat Tire

No comments: