Friday, May 23, 2008

This and That

Work: This has been a long week for some reason. Things suddenly got busy at work again. New books are coming in, so that's a good thing. Although I often complain when things get crazy and when I work 12 or 14-hour days, it is a lot better than having nothing to do all day. Today also starts the first day of our Friday Summer Hours. Every Friday until Memorial Day, we're allowed to leave at 1:00, which I'm pretty excited about. And we have a long weekend this weekend!

Apartments: I just checked my voicemail and there was a message from the manager of the apartment complex that I'm interested in. She said that they would have an opening in the first week in July, but that the apartment was on the first floor. My preference would be to be on the second floor, because I'd rather have a balcony instead of a closed-in patio because it is generally safer. And I was planning on moving later in July, but I suppose having it available to me earlier would give me time to move in gradually. But I'll call to see if I can at least take a look at the unit. Maybe it will be the "perfect" one. Who knows.

Weather: Anyone who has watched the news recently has probably seen that we've had some horrible weather here in Colorado. There was a huge tornado that did a lot of damage. It wasn't anywhere near Boulder but we were under tornado warnings and watches for most of the day, and we did get a lot of rain and some hail.

Current mood: tired
Current music: random iTunes shuffle. Currently Kelly Clarkson "Sober"
Current drink: New Belgium 1554

No comments: