Monday, May 26, 2008

This and That Weekend Edition

For the most part this was a quiet weekend. I was sick on Saturday, so I spent most of the day in bed. I never get sick with the cold or flu, but I do get headaches quite frequently. Usually they are stress related. On Saturday I had a doozy of a headache, and I tried to sleep it off, but it didn't really go away. Then, the fact that I didn't eat or drink much, combined with too much Excedrin migraine medicine, made me feel worse.

I was feeling a little better on Sunday but I wasn't feeling great. I was able to at least get out to do some shopping, but when I was home I crawled back into bed. I woke up with a headache again this morning, but it eventually went away. Fortunately we had a holiday and I didn't have to go into work.

Today it has been gray and cloudy and it has been raining for most of the day. I like that, though. It makes things cozy. It's still raining right now and every now and then there is a rumble of thunder. I love the sound of thunder. But it's just too bad that the peaceful moment is ruined by one of my neighbors who is standing in front of my window and trying to clear the phlegm from his throat and spitting it out on the sidewalk. I kind of wish he would keep walking rather than just stand there until he clears the disgusting goo from his throat. There really is no sound more disgusting than that!

No comments: