Sunday, May 11, 2008

This and That Weekend Edition

This week at work has been, well, odd. I think that everyone is recovering from the hectic few months we have had, and because of that we're all having a hard time staying focused. The weather has also been beautiful, and I think that everyone also has spring fever right now. We're still having lunch outside, and enjoying the weather outside makes it harder to go back inside to get back to work. Fortunately things are still quiet right now.

This has been a pretty good weekend. Once again, I had grand intentions on waking up early yesterday to clean my apartment and run all of my errands. I think I woke up sometime between 10:00 and 11:00. I think that my body was telling me to rest, and I'm not one to argue with my body! In spite of sleeping in, I was able to get a lot accomplished. I cleaned up my apartment...well, sort of. I mostly just moved piles from one spot on the floor to another spot. I did some shopping and I finally took my car in for an oil change. Now that my office is only three miles away from my apartment, I hardly ever put any miles on my car. So I rarely need an oil change these days, and I don't need to fill up with gas as often (thankfully!).

Today I had an appointment to get my hair done, and I decided to go somewhere new. The place that I've been going to is starting to get really expensive--my last cut with highlights cost me well over $100. That's a little too much to spend on hair. I'd rather spend that amount of money on wine and Cognac! Anyway, so I decided to try a little barbershop on Pearl Street. It's not your typical barber shop, though. There was loud (and good) music blaring over the speakers. The walls were plastered with posters. And there were two huge TVs hanging on the wall, and they were showing the Flintstones. Since I'm getting tired of spending the time and money on maintaining highlights, I decided to go back to one color without highlights. And I decided to go back to my natural color, black. And, since summer is right around the corner, I decided to go for a shorter cut. I sort of have the Gena Gershon in Bound cut...at least that's what I'm calling it. Yep, I'm hot and sexy! Anyway, my hair is short, so it will probably be low maintenance and easy to take care of, and that's all I wanted. And it didn't cost $100!

Current music: random shuffle. Currently "True Faith" by New Order
Current drink: Fat Tire

No comments: