Monday, May 25, 2009

Day Off, Day Five

Today is the last day of my "vacation"/long weekend, and I decided to make the most of it. Naturally, I slept in and didn't roll out of bed until about 9:30. I did what I've been doing every morning for the past few days—took a long hot shower, made my breakfast, read the news, fiddled around on the computer, etc. At around 12:00 I was thinking about going out for a quick walk, but the clouds were gray and rolling in and I heard more thunder in the distance. I thought of maybe going out shopping for some groceries, but I didn't even want to do that. As lazy as I've been all weekend, even something as simple as going shopping seemed like too much of an effort, and I just wanted to continue being lazy. So I sat out on the balcony again and continued to read my book which I finally finished tonight.

We've been having a lot of rain and thunderstorms lately, and I'm sure that for many this would be considered horrible weather for a long holiday weekend. But for me it was perfect. For one, I just love thunderstorms. I love to watch them, to listen to them, and to feel them. And, two, the storms have allowed me to stay in and relax. Not that I couldn't have gone out in the storms, but there is just something cozy about enjoying a storm from home. For me, this weekend has been wonderful. It has been wonderfully lazy, peaceful, and quiet. I think that this is exactly what I've been needing for several months now.

No comments: