Friday, May 01, 2009

This and That, End-of-Week Edition

Once again, there isn't a whole lot to report, but nevertheless I will write a little post for my loyal readers.

Birds: I still haven't done anything about my bird situation. For now I've decided to let them nest in the wall of my apartment. Like I mentioned before, I'm not sure if there are eggs or babies. So far all I've seen are two birds fly in and out of the wall. I can usually hear them rustling about early in the morning. Because I get up early for work, this usually doesn't bother me on the weekdays. But, because I like to sleep in on the weekends, it can be a bit annoying when they wake me up early. I suppose this is something I'll have to live with, if I continue to let them stay. However, I was a little alarmed this morning when I was getting ready for work, because I started to hear a rapid tapping on the wall. I'm really hoping that they were trying to make the outside hole bigger and not trying to tap their way inside my apartment! At the risk of sounding melodramatic, the last thing I want to do is come home from work to find that the birds are flying through my apartment after drilling a hole through my bedroom wall.

Work: Things are busy, as usual. It seems as if this is what I report every time I write about work. I have a huge book to get to press in a few weeks, and for many reasons this book has been more difficult than most. But by March 12 it will, hopefully, be out of my life. Most of my other projects are under control, and after I finish the beast of a project, I'm hoping that I can, if you can believe it, take a day off! I don't have any plans to go anywhere or do anything special. I just want to have a long weekend.

Time Off: I don't know how some people at work do it, but it seems like there are certain people in the office who are always on vacation. Somehow they are able to take time off every month. I, on the other hand, am very stingy with my time off because I'm always afraid that I will not have enough days left at the end of the year to take vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, sadly, I usually don't take any time off until Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually like to take longer vacations rather than vacations of just one or two days. But everyone else seems to take time off throughout the year, so maybe I should start doing this more often, too. Other people are also always sick. People in our department must have the worst constitution and immunity defense. I, on the other hand, am never sick thanks to good genes and the right kinds of vitamins. Maybe I need to get "sick" more often. Naturally I don't want to be sick in the real sense. I just want to play sick. That's it, I need to play hooky more often. Or I need someone to whisk me away and force me to take time off.

Current mood: tired
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—David Gray "This Year's Love"
Current drink: Remy Martin VSOP Cognac

No comments: