Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day Off, Day Four

It has been another quiet day. I slept in again and didn't do much in the morning other than have my breakfast and read the paper. A little before 1:00 I was thinking about going out for a walk again, but I heard some thunder in the distance. I decided that it would be better to stay in rather than get caught outside in the middle of a thunderstorm. I could have gone out to do some shopping, but I wasn't in the mood for that either, so I decided to just sit out on the balcony and read a book.

The thunder was a low rumble and it was coming with long pauses in between. The clouds were gray to the west and south, but things still seemed blue toward the east. I didn't see any lightning and it didn't seem like it was even going to rain, so I was doubtful that a storm would even materialize. But eventually more clouds rolled in and it got grayer and darker. At that point I could finally see the lightning flashing behind the clouds and the thunder started to come in at a quicker pace. Then, finally, it started to rain. Actually it was more of a drizzle and after about 20 minutes everything seemed calm again. But after some time had passed, the thunder started to rumble again, a little louder this time. Then it began to rain, and this time it lasted for a while.

Things have been calm for the past few hours. There are only a few dark gray clouds in the sky, but it doesn't seem like we'll have another storm this evening. We'll see.

No comments: