Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day Off

After working hard for the past, oh, several months, I finally decided to take some time off. I decided to take today and tomorrow off from work, and with Monday being a holiday, that means that I get a five day weekend. Yay for me!

I don't have any big plans for this long weekend. All I want to do is rest and relax. Today the big thing that I had on my "to-do" list was to get a haircut. My hair has been turning into a long mess and I've been long overdue for a good haircut. For the past few haircuts, I've been going to one of those chain salon stores. The prices were much cheaper and the cuts were good but they were not always clean or great. So today, since I'm spoiling myself on my little vacation, I decided to go to a real salon. It's a place I've been to before, but I stopped going there because it was getting too expensive for me. It's about twice the price of the chain salons, but I get a shampoo, a great cut, and a style. And I also get a wonderful scalp massage, too. Today's cut turned out great. My hair fell several inches past my shoulders but now it is much shorter and falls to the middle of my neck. I guess you can say that it is cut into a bob. The best thing about it is that it will be very low-maintenance and easy to take care of. I also think that it will be perfect for when the temperature really warms up in the summer. I'm very happy with it.

So what's next on the agenda? Nothing really.

Current mood: resting and relaxing
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—New Order "True Faith"
Current drink: Barq's root beer

No comments: