Saturday, May 30, 2009

This and That, Weekend Edition

Work: As to be expected, the week back at work after a very long weekend was a difficult one. I had quite a bit of work to catch up on, I got a bunch of new projects, and things were immediately crazy and hectic. Though my long weekend was a wonderful one and though I was fully rested, the post-vacation afterglow didn't last long once I stepped into the office. But fortunately our summer hours have started, so we're now allowed to leave the office at 1:00 on Fridays. That is certainly something to be excited about.

Birds: The birds in my wall were up early this morning. At about 5:00 a.m. I started to hear a racket in my wall. They were chirping wildly, flapping about, and scratching at the wall. It's not exactly what I wanted to hear that early in the morning, but somehow I still managed to sleep a little longer.

Weather: Right now the weather is absolutely beautiful. It is about 70 degrees, sunny, a little breezy, and mostly clear but with some clouds over the mountains. If this weather holds up and if it doesn't rain, it looks like I'll be able to get in a walk this afternoon.

Current mood: rested
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—Aerosmith "Rag Doll"
Current drink: coffee

No comments: