Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day Off, Day Three

I slept in again this morning and eventually rolled out of bed at about 9:00. I probably could have slept a little bit longer but the birds in my wall were wide awake. If there were eggs in the nest before, I think they finally hatched. The baby birds have been chirping wildly for the past few days and this morning was no exception. Now I definitely have to let them stay in their nest until they are ready to fly. And I am hoping that the wild chirping is because they are being fed. I'd hate to think that another mean, aggressive bird might be trying to take over the nest. So I suppose that I'll just have to live with them a little longer.

Once I was up, I took my shower, then made my breakfast—coffee, juice, and oatmeal. Then I drank more coffee, flipped through the newspaper, and fiddled around on the computer. The weather people have been predicting scattered and isolated rain all weekend, but at about 12:00 the weather was looking pretty nice. So, with the weather being reasonable, I decided to go out for another walk/halfhearted jog, only this time I jogged for a little longer. I came home, stretched, rested, had some lunch, and watched a little TV. Then I got a little bored with TV. (How is it that you can have almost 500 channels and not have anything good to watch? In addition to the cost of expanded cable services, the complete lack of anything good to watch is another reason why I've been thinking about cutting down on some of the services.) So I turned off the TV and decided to read a book instead. Imagine that! At about 5:00 I was hungry and ready for dinner, but being too lazy to cook anything elaborate, I just had a sandwich and some chips. Then I read a little bit more, and by 7:00 I started to hear thunder again. So I put down my book and sat out on the balcony and waited for the storm to come.

The storm seemed really distant at first and all I heard was thunder. I didn't see the lightning and it wasn't raining. But then, after about 30 minutes, I started to see the clouds lit up by lightning and the thunder was getting closer and louder. Some of it was so loud that it seemed to shake my balcony. It was lovely and wonderful. Then the rain finally started to fall, but it didn't last for long. After about 20 minutes I could already see blue skies to the south.

So, again, it was another restful and relaxing day. What is on the agenda for tomorrow? I'm not sure, really. I do need to go grocery shopping, but I expect to do a lot more relaxing.

Current mood: rested and relaxed
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—Melissa Etheridge "Enough of Me"
Current drink: Remy Martin VSOP

No comments: