Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Still Waiting

Yesterday I had my performance review. As it turned out it wasn't a real review. It was more like a "preliminary" review. I guess my boss wanted to get an idea of what we've been doing for the past year and the goals that we have set for ourselves for the next year. I assume he will pass it on to our next manager. Things are still up in the air, and nothing is set in stone. Is anything ever set in stone? Maybe I will be promoted, but I'm not sure exactly what I will be promoted to. I've been told that I just have to wait to see how the new manager wants to "structure" our department. We also haven't even worked out the issue of salary or raises, which, of course, is important to me, but hints here and there seem to indicate that it will not be significant. This review was good in the sense that I know that I'm doing a good job. But, it is frustrating that nothing really was accomplished. I wish I had more answers or more to go with. I suppose I just have to keep waiting to see what will happen.

No comments: