Thursday, March 22, 2007

Almost One More Week

Here I am, eating a salad (yes, a salad!), and I thought I would drop a little post here. I have just about one more week to go at my current job before I start a new one. Naturally things are busy because I'm trying to get everything in order before I leave. I'm either trying to wrap up projects or put them in a place where they will be easy to take over. Things will get difficult next week because there is a massive office rotation going on in our suite. While some people are moving down the hallway, for some reason our department will be moving to an entirely different building across the street. It will be somewhat isolating (for those who aren't leaving), but we (the royal "we") have absolutely no choice in the matter. No one ever asked us if we wanted to move there. One morning we were simply told that we would be moving. If I weren't leaving, I'd be pretty upset, because right now I have a really nice office with a great view. Oh well. This won't be my problem for long. But, needless to say, this will cause a huge disruption especially for me since I have so much to do.

There is also a growing sense of panic at work as it is starting to sink in that I won't be around anymore. There are a lot of people in the office who tend to go to me when they need answers to their questions or when they need help with a project. Now everyone is wondering what they are going to do when I leave. There are some wonderful and intelligent and capable people in our department, so I'm sure that everyone else is in good hands. I suppose they've just developed a certain comfort level with me. People are also saying that they are going to "miss my smiling face." In spite of the fact that I often feel moody, neurotic, and marginally bipolar, I never really let it show. I guess I have a way of seeing humor in even the most difficult situations. Sometimes you just have to laugh, and I suppose that makes people feel better. I suppose I can feel flattered by all of this.

No comments: