Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Editing and Conspiracy

Editing: Yes, I'm an editor. And I love reading my blog posts a few days after I post them. There is nothing more special than my own typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors. I'm smarter and better than this sometimes. But when you type fast while under the influence of something (nothing illegal), an error slips through every now and then. Oh well. And don't ask me why I have a tendency to slip into the British spelling of certain words. I tend to blame it on my Greek studies. I blame everything on my Greek studies. Since a lot of early Greek scholarship was written by the Brits, I'm so used to seeing the British spelling of words that I hardly notice it.

Conspiracy: I think that the writer in me often leads me into wild daydreams and wild stories. I think that I often live in some kind of twilight zone, because in my mind I'm often creating alternate versions of my daily life. A boring and mundane day at work makes me want to create something more exciting. When being an editor at a nonprofit legal organization isn't exciting enough, let's believe that there is some secret agenda and that people are out to get me. Or, more fascinating, let's pretend that there is a dark secret to our company--like, maybe the great company secret is that we are really selling body parts and kidneys and other organs on the black market. That would actually make a great short story or novel...

Many thanks to my beautiful friend who pointed out my quirky conspiracy theory nature. :)

Current mood: twilight zone
Current music: more songs from my music library, currently Tori Amos "Cruel"
Current drink: Fat Tire beer

No comments: