Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Almost There...

Today was a very unproductive day at work. Actually most of the day yesterday was also unproductive. As I might have mentioned in another post, we're in the middle of a great office move. Most people are moving around to different offices within our suite, but, naturally, our department is moving across the street into a different building. Because the pressure was put on us yesterday to GET OUT, we started to pack everything in our office including all of the work on our current projects. We thought that we would be able to move this morning. There was a slight kink in the plan because we were waiting for some new office furniture to be delivered. So we waited. And we waited. And we waited. And, yay, the furniture showed up...but it needed to be assembled. So we waited... Finally around noon or 1:00 we were given the "all clear" to start carting things across the street. And by carting I mean carting. We had a dolly that we could load up with a few boxes, then we had to wheel the dangerous vehicle across the parking lots and streets. Eventually, after about six or seven trips back and forth, we had all of our belongings in our offices. I'm in a cubicle for now, but that's fine since I'm leaving soon. After a little more time, the IT department came to set up our computers and phones. Although, my computer and phone are still sitting in my old, now lonely and empty, office. I couldn't work on the network, I couldn't check e-mail, I couldn't make phone calls. Basically I got nothing accomplished today. It is starting to stress me out because I still have so much to do. Oh well. I suppose all I can do is make the most of what I have right now. I'll just have to hand over whatever I can't finish. It won't be my problem for long.

Tonight's plans are to open a good bottle of beer and start working on my "exit interview" paperwork. Maybe not a good combination of tasks, but it will be a fun combination...

No comments: