Sunday, July 01, 2007

This and That...

Here is another one of those "this and that" posts...

Workouts:
After a few interesting days of intense soreness and the inability to move certain parts of my body, I'm feeling much better. I didn't let my sore muscles slow me down and stuck to my workout plan and routine. Naturally, the more you work out, the less sore you get, so my body is feeling much better these days. I'm feeling better, too, and I've been sleeping great.

Work and stuff: As I've mentioned in a previous post, I'll be going to New York later this month for a business trip. I've already received approval to stay an extra day (to go the Metropolitan Museum), and I'm even more excited because I don't have to use a personal day or vacation day to cover it. The extra night in the hotel will have to come out of my pocket, though, but it will be worth it. Also, to prepare for my trip, I went on a little shopping spree yesterday to buy some nice new work clothes. From what I heard, New York is a little more fashionable than Colorado, so I wanted to try to dress the part...not that I will ever be considered chic and fashionable, but I still want to look nice and impressive. So I bought myself some new "power" clothes. And, okay, I also went to Victoria's Secret to get a few things, but a girl needs "power" underwear to go with the power clothes.

Domestic day: I don't have anything exciting planned for the day today. This will just be one of those domestic days where I try to do things around my apartment--cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc.

That's all...

Current mood: rocking out and empowered in my power underwear...
Current music: Melissa Etheridge. Lucky

No comments: