Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall...For a Day...

At some point during the evening last night/this morning I was awakened to the sound of wind and a cold breeze blowing through my bedroom window. I got up to close the window a tad, then crawled back in my warm bed and snuggled into my teddy bear. ...Yes, I'm 32 and I still have a teddy bear... I woke up again during the evening/morning to the sound of rain. I looked at my alarm clock and it was still 5:00, so I snuggled deeper into my blankets. My alarm went off about an hour later and when I lifted my head up to look out the window I saw that it was still relatively dark outside. It was cloudy and raining. With weather like this, surely it must be Sunday, I thought, and I was wondering why my alarm was going off. Sadly, I soon realized that it was, in fact, Monday. I hit snooze a few times before dragging myself out of bed.

This was truly a fall day. I had warm, steaming oatmeal for breakfast and some good coffee while I watched the news. It was still raining, and the rain started to fall harder. On days like this, the only thing I want to do is stay at home and sit on the couch under a blanket while drinking coffee and watching the Food Network on TV. But, alas, I had to go to work. Right when I got to my office the rain started to fall harder, and eventually the rain turned into little pellets of hail. Our parking lot was covered with hail within a few minutes. Temperatures stayed cold and it rained all day. The clouds were so low that they covered the mountains entirely. It seemed like the mountains disappeared completely. The clouds kept things dark; we didn't see one ray of sunshine all day. 5:00 in the afternoon felt like 8:00 in the evening because it seemed so unusually dark.

Most of the people at work hated the weather we had today, but I loved it. There was just something cozy about it. But, according to the weather people, things will warm up and brighten up later this week. Sigh... I'm not quite ready for snow yet, but I liked what we had today.

Things at work are still busy. I actually brought work home with me tonight that I've been working on this evening. I just wanted to take a break to share my weather report.

Current mood: surprisingly relaxed
Current drink: Haven's 2002 Napa Valley Merlot

No comments: