Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pooped and Plagues

Pooped: This has been another busy week at work, and, yes, I realize that it is only Tuesday. We have quite a few books going to press over the next few weeks, and the last few stages to finish things are usually pretty chaotic and hectic. In addition to all of the work we have to do, this week we're also interviewing our next potential project editors. It is nice that we can all sit in and ask questions during the interviews, but it does take a big chunk of time to get through several interviews a day. I've been coming into work early and staying late to make up for lost time. I've also brought work home on a few occasions, but I often don't get as much accomplished as I want to. I'm usually too tired...and occasionally writing blog posts... But mostly my eyes are just tired. I came home tonight and put some drops in my eyes, and for a moment I thought that I put Tabasco sauce in my eye. It kind of burned. Oh well. We editors work through pain and injuries, burning eyes and paper cuts and all...

Plague: there have been several plagues sweeping through our office over the past few weeks. I think the stress has weakened immune systems. The first plague was a stomach flu that hit most of the people in the office. Fortunately I escaped that plague. Now a plague is currently hitting our little editorial department, but this plague has struck from the neck up. There are sore throats, sniffles, and general head colds. I'm going to do my best to ward off this plague. I've been telling my co-workers to eat a lot of soup and drink lots of tea or a smoothie from Jamba Juice. I might actually get some Jamba Juice before I go into the office tomorrow. Maybe I'll load it up with vitamin and immunity boosts. Although, the thought struck me last night that a Jamba Juice smoothie would taste really good with a shot of Vodka.

And just to let my Ma know, yes, I'm taking my cod liver pills...

No comments: