Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Promotion

So after being at my new job for only five months, I've already received a promotion. Part of this has to do with the fact that one of our senior project editors will be leaving us. But I was asked to step up to assume one of the "leadership roles" in our department. Either I'm that good, or these people are that crazy, because I've been with the company for only five months! I'm excited, and it is both flattering and scary all at the same time. It will be a lot of work and a lot of responsibility, but I suppose they trust me and think that I'm capable of handling it. It's nice to know that my abilities are recognized and respected!

All of this comes with a new title, Senior Project Editor; a new role, team leader of my imprint; and a pretty good raise! I suppose I can't complain. Things are looking good right about now.

Current mood: scared and nervous but happy and flattered
Current music: Loreena McKennitt. Nights from the Alhambra
Current drink: peach martini...in celebration of my promotion, really...

No comments: