Sunday, September 09, 2007

Yawn...

This has been an odd week. It has been both busy and quiet, if that makes any sense. Things have been busy at work, and things will probably get even more busy over the next few weeks. Life in general, though, has been relatively quiet. Not much is going on and nothing too exciting has happened recently, except for my promotion. Professionally I've been keeping busy, but privately and personally I've been taking it easy. I like my "me-time" and like to retreat into my "self" as Marcus Aurelius would say.

Right now it is feeling like a true fall day. Earlier this morning, temperatures were in the 50s and it was cloudy and overcast. They expect temperatures to stay around the mid-60s today. I like this, and I've been looking forward to it all summer. There is just something cozy about this time of the year. It is cozy and comfortable to snuggle in a long-sleeved t-shirt or sweatshirt. Lighting incense and candles always seems more romantic in the fall and winter. I like the crispness in the air, and I can't wait for the smell of wood burning in fireplaces. It will be nice when it starts to snow, but I really hope that our winter this year isn't as bad as the winter we had last year. Speaking of snow and blizzards, I need to buy a warmer pair of gloves...and maybe a shovel, just in case...

In a nutshell, things are quiet, and for me, that is a good thing.
---------------
Update, 6:42 p.m.: the temperature never rose above 60, at least not here in Boulder. Temperatures stayed in the 50s, and here I sit, snug and cozy in my "Classicist" sweatshirt. The real question is what to drink tonight. It is possibly too cold to drink a beer, but maybe not. Red wine would be nice. Or I could make a cup of tea. Tea?? I suppose I could make tea if I wanted a hot toddy... Decisions, decisions...

No comments: