Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Hour

Tonight we had a department happy hour. We met at Southern Sun, a wonderful brewery and restaurant in south Boulder. I spent many, many nights at Southern Sun during my grad student days. This happy hour was to welcome a new employee and to say good bye to an old employee who will be leaving next week. Mostly it was just an opportunity to get together, to blow off some steam, and to have a good time. And we certainly had a good time. We had a wonderful time in fact. There's always something cool about getting a bunch of gals together to drink and talk about anything and everything. It's definitely something we plan on doing more often, because we have such a great group of people in our department.

And as an added surprise for the evening, I ran into two of my grad school professors at Southern Sun. It was nice to see some familiar faces that I haven't seen in several years. And they told me that there will be a lecture on campus next Monday night. Since one of these professors will be the one speaking, I just might check it out. And, of course, the other professor who was there, an older, crazy German guy, told me that he wanted me to be his personal guest and that I would have to sit right next to him. How can one say no?

No comments: