Sunday, October 07, 2007

Once an Editor...

Since I'm a big bad editor, or at least that's what I tell people, my friends often ask me if I critique and edit everything I hear, see, and read. Yes, I have to admit, I do. I cringe when I hear people speak incorrectly, my biggest pet peeve being when someone says "between X person and I." That's just wrong, people. You see grammatical errors everywhere. You'll find them in advertisements, newspaper headlines, fliers, restaurant menus, etc., and I'll notice them. Granted, I'm not perfect. I'm sure I've had more than my fair share of grammatical slips, and I'm sure I've dangled more than a few participles here and there. Naturally I like to blame these slips on working or typing too fast. I sometimes blame it on the wine or whatever I'm drinking at the time.

Where am I going with all of this??

Oh, the reason why I'm writing this post is because I was struck by something this afternoon. I noticed that whenever my beautiful friend and I send text messages to each other we both use complete sentences and proper grammar. She's also an editor. You'll never see any of the abbreviated language between us.

Okay, this is a random post and slightly disjointed. I'm not drinking yet, but I will probably have a beer soon. I'm just trying to think, type, and eat waffles at the same time. Yes, I'm eating waffles and two little sausage links for dinner. I love having breakfast for dinner occasionally.

Ummm, okay, I'm being random. And I'm a dork.

No comments: