Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This, That, and Everything in Between

Today was a strange day. At work we found out that someone accepted a project editor position we had open. So we replaced two editors who left a few weeks ago. But we also found out that someone else will be leaving our department at the end of this month. It's too bad for us, but she'll be doing something that will be good for her, so you can't be too sad.

Things in general are good, though. I went out this evening to do some shopping, and I saw the most beautiful sunset. The sky was still a pale blue, the mountains were all silhouettes, and the sun was just starting to dip behind the mountains. The clouds were beautiful, and it looked like someone painted them bright orange. It was also one of those nights when I was kicking myself for not having my camera with me. I need to be better about bringing it with me where ever I go, because tonight I lost an opportunity to take some beautiful pictures.

Sadly, I continued on to do my shopping. I went to Target because I needed "just a few things." Yeah, we know what happens when you go to Target to get just a few things. I got what I needed, but I also brought home three CDs with me.

I needed to get some "face stuff" while on my shopping trip. Moisturizer. You always need moisturizer in Colorado and the stuff with SPF, too. Don't know why I'm telling you this, but now you know. Anyway, these days there is a whole assortment of moisturizers. I recently tried something from Olay, and it was part of their "Definity" line. It's part of their "anti-aging" line. Yes, I know, I'm only 32, but it couldn't hurt. Anyway, I decided to not buy it this time. It's really expensive, and, let's face it, I'm never going to be radiant and luminous no matter how hard I try and no matter what I put on my face. I'll stick with the basics and be content with just being moderately dim rather than radiant and luminous.

I just noticed an error on one of my CDs. They forgot to list one song on the back cover, now all of the other songs are numbered incorrectly. Damn editor in me.

Current mood: flirty and naughty
Current music: Faith Hill. The Hits. Faith is in love with me, she just doesn't know it yet!
Current drink: Barq's Root Beer. Yes, that's right, ROOT Beer.

No comments: