Sunday, February 10, 2008

This and That Weekend Edition

This has been a mixed weekend. It was both sort of busy and sort of relaxing. I had a lot of things to do this weekend with respect to shopping, cleaning, and running errands. But for the most part I tried to relax. I promised myself that I wouldn't work this weekend even though there are plenty of things that I could have done. I needed a break.

The only noteworthy thing that happened this weekend was that my Sunday newspapers were stolen. I decided to sleep in today, and by the time I rolled out of bed it was 10:00. So it wasn't that late. When I got out of bed, I staggered around my apartment while I tried to rub the sleepiness from my eyes. I peered through the blinds of my front door to see what the weather was like and it looked nice. I also looked down and noticed that my newspapers were in front of the door. Because I had just woken up and because I was about to take a shower, I was in a partial state of undress. And not being one to share my goods with the community at large, I decided to leave my newspapers by the door until after I was able to take a shower and dress myself. So twenty minutes later after taking my shower and getting dressed, I opened the front door to get my papers. They were gone! What in the word?! Who steals a newspaper? Actually, I think it might be my neighbor. I often see him digging in the trash cans or standing inside the garbage dumpsters, and whenever he reappears he has a handful of old newspapers. So he might have been the one to take mine.

Well, that was my weekend. Nothing too exciting...

No comments: