Thursday, February 28, 2008

Work and Presents

Work: Things have been busy at work, but fortunately I was able to get a lot accomplished over the weekend and during this week. Fortunately (through many long days and nights), I've been able to keep my projects moving, and I've moved them all to a stage where they are in another person's hands. Right now most of my books are with other people in other departments in our office, or they are with authors or freelancers. That's a good thing for me, because it gives me a moment to catch my breath. In about a week or two I'll probably be in panic mode again, because everyone will be returning things to me. Oh well, such is the ebb and flow of my job. I'll take any chance I can get to relax even if it is for only a brief moment.

Presents: Next week is my birthday--33, yikes!--and I've already received two wonderful presents. My family sent me a nice DVD set of Classical Mythology lectures. The lectures are given by a professor of Classics from the University of Maryland. There are four DVDs that contain twenty-four 30-minute lectures. It's pretty cool. And it makes me miss school a little...

And when I got my mail today, I received another present from my very beautiful friend, Anna. She sent me a little book called The Perfect Gift by Rohan Henry. It's a little story about the friendship between two rabbits, and it is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

So in spite of all the stress I've been feeling because of work, I'm feeling much better now. I feel a little bit calmer, and I feel loved. :)

Current mood: somewhat relaxed
Current music: more of a shuffle - Faith Hill, "Beautiful"

No comments: