Sunday, February 03, 2008

If At First You Don't Succeed...

...try, try again. I'm never one to give up anything without a fight or a second try. Not long ago I wrote a post about one of my culinary adventures to cook a baked rigatoni with ground turkey, zucchini, and fire roasted tomatoes. My first attempt wasn't successful for several reasons. I had too much pasta, I forgot to drain the can of fire roasted tomatoes, I didn't have foil to cover the dish, etc. My first attempt was just okay, but I wanted it to be better. I wanted it to be great. So I decided to give it a second try tonight. This time I used penne instead of rigatoni, and I think that I actually used the right amount. I remembered to drain the fire roasted tomatoes, so fortunately things weren't too watery this time. And I actually had foil to cover the dish when it baked. I let it bake for about twenty minutes, then I uncovered it and topped it with mozzarella cheese and let it bake for another ten minutes. When I finally pulled it out of the oven, it was perfect! It tasted so yummy, especially with a nice glass of Merlot. There is still plenty of food, and I think I'll have leftovers for at least three more days.

So you can say that I really enjoyed my evening. I had yummy food and watched the Super Bowl. The game was awesome. And the commercials were great too. All in all, it's been a good night.

Current mood: relaxed
Current drink: Sebastiani 2004 Merlot

No comments: