Saturday, March 21, 2009

Long Walk

Lately the weather in Colorado has been absolutely beautiful. It has been sunny, warm, and dry for the past few weeks. This is a double-edged sword, I suppose. On the one hand, I'm thankful that I haven't had to drive over snow and ice to get to work. On the other hand, things are extremely dry here in Colorado and this isn't good for the drought situation. But, with the weather being as nice as it is, I decided to get out and take a long walk around Gunbarrel. There are a few walking, running, and biking trails close to my home, and, sadly, I haven't really taken advantage of them. So today I strapped on my walking shoes and ventured out and explored the area.

I decided to take a walk around the Twin Lakes which are just to the east of my apartment. These are two man-made lakes and they are part of the Twin Lakes Open Space. The west lake of the Twin Lakes was dry and empty, but the east lake had some water in it. I assume that both lakes will be full in the spring, summer, and fall. With the exception of the little gnats that seemed to follow me along the trail, it was a peaceful and relaxing walk. I'm sure it will be even more beautiful once the grass turns green again and once the trees start to sprout some leaves. And, with the walk being somewhere between 2 or 3 miles, I got in some decent moderate exercise, something I'm desperately in need of! Maybe one day I'll work up the endurance to run around the lakes...

Current mood: energized
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—Matt Nathanson "Come On Get Higher"

No comments: