Friday, March 27, 2009

Self-imposed Snow Day

The blizzard has blown through Colorado and things are finally starting to calm down. It has stopped snowing and the winds have quieted down. As I mentioned in my previous Live Blogging post, our office isn't closed today, but instead it is on a delayed start. It officially opens at 10:00, but there was the option to continue working from home. In theory, I should be able to get to work just fine. I'm only a few miles away. But I made the decision to stay home and continue working from home. In my mind, I think that this is only fair. I work about 9 hours every day, and I often bring work home with me and sometimes I even work over the weekend. I justify staying home by saying that this pseudo day off is payment for the salary freeze and all of the unpaid overtime hours I have been putting it. It is a small reward, but I will take what I can get!

No comments: