Sunday, June 04, 2006

Summer Nights

Today was another warm day in Colorado. Summer days always tend to be hot, but the nights are always pleasant. Tonight is no exception. I think it is about 70 degrees right now and there is a slight breeze. It seems unusually dark, probably because of the phase of the moon right now. Things are quiet on my street, but I can hear the rush of cars on 30th down the street. Some people might think that the sound of cars would ruin the atmosphere. Tonight, for some reason, it sounds nice, almost soothing. Earlier tonight I was sitting outside my apartment drinking a glass of wine and just taking in the evening. It just felt wonderful. It felt nice to relax and to be absorbed in my own thoughts and nothing else. I can be intense and a little high-strung at times, but more often than not, I truly know how to relax and how to indulge in my me-time.

Current Mood: Romantic

No comments: