Sunday, October 08, 2006

Domestic Duties

It has been another busy week at work. Whenever things get busy at work and when I come home tired and exhausted, I seem to let my apartment go. This weekend has been somewhat quiet in the sense that I'm not doing anything big or exciting. But, on the other hand, it has been busy in the sense that I'm trying to clean up my little place. I just put a load of laundry in the dryer, and thought I would blog before I move on to the next household chore. Is "blog" a verb?

Since I've been working so hard, I decided to give myself another reward. Yesterday I had a little salon visit to have my hair done. I got a cute cut and some color. My stylist is cool and loves to experiment on me with different colors. Today my hair is various shades of blonde, bronze, red, and black. I love it! To add to the excitement of getting my hair done, when I came home and opened my mailbox I found a package from Victoria's Secret. Although I was a little disappointed that this package was listed as "delivery 2 of 2." I don't remember getting package "1 of 2," so I have to wait patiently and if it doesn't come soon, I'll have to find out what happened to a missing bra and pair of panties.

The weather is starting to change with the change of seasons. Things have been beautiful and fairly warm this past week. Today it is much colder. I like it. I like the fresh and crisp air, and you can't help but feel all warm and cozy in a warm sweatshirt or a sweater. It certainly feels like winter is right around the corner. I'm not a huge fan of driving on snow and ice, but I love the winter for its beauty. There is nothing better than drinking a good glass of red wine while wrapped in a warm blanket and surrounded by dozens of candles. If only I had a fireplace in my apartment...

Current mood: relatively relaxed
Current drink: coffee
Current music:
various songs from iTunes. Currently "Mountain Spring" by Barrage


No comments: