Saturday, October 21, 2006

Quick break

You know things are busy when I get up at 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday to work. As much as I wanted to roll out of bed at 10:00 or 11:00 I just have too much to do. Yes, I'll be working all weekend, and most likely I will be working 12-hour days until Friday. As a friend said, when you are competent and experienced you unfortunately get loaded down with the impossible tasks. The other people in my department are certainly competent enough to handle this project. The only difference is that I can do things quicker because I have more experience. Such is life. To add to my workload this weekend, I also took on a small freelance project. This might sound like a dumb move, but I think it might actually be good for me. Working on a different project for a different publisher will be a nice break from what I normally do. Plus, this freelance project is for a good friend who I just can't say "no" to because she is just too darn cute. Yes, I'm whipped, but I can admit it.

Current mood: stressed and overwhelmed
Current drink:
coffee, Seattle's Best House Blend (both organic and fair trade!!)

Current music: more songs from my iTunes library. Currently Anna Nalick's "Breathe"

No comments: