Monday, October 09, 2006

Restless Nights

Today my body has been tense and achy. For once, this has nothing to do with working too long, hunched over a computer. I didn't sleep so well last night because I kept having strange nightmares. The bad dreams seemed to last all night, but there is really only one that I can remember. In this particular dream I was fighting a wizard of some kind. We were in a dark room and with the dark grey stone walls, it seemed like we were in a dungeon. There was a small fire pit, but the flames were starting to die out, so the room kept getting darker and darker. It seems as if I was also a magic user or witch or something, or at least I thought I was. As often as I tried to extend my arms toward the other wizard and as much as I was hoping I could throw lightning bolts, nothing happened. Naturally the panic started to set in. The wizard didn't seem to have a problem casting his spells. He cast a spell which seemed like a laser. I couldn't cast spells, but I suppose I was able to block his laser spell with my hand. My hand wasn't destroyed but it hurt. It both burned and felt like someone was driving a drill through my hand. Then the mage charged me, and that is when things got scary. He was tall and slender, yet still muscular, although his hands and fingers were long and thin, almost skeletal. His skin was both ashen gray and yellow, and his eyes were black. When he charged me, it was quick and sudden, threatening and aggressive. Things went blank at that point, and I think I was starting to wake up. I suddenly became aware of and conscious of my breathing because it was so short and deep. Then I noticed that my shoulders were tensed up to my ears and my hands were locked in a fist. The pain I felt from blocking the laser with my hands was probably the pain I was feeling from my fingernails digging into my palms.

I have no idea what brought on this dream. I have recurring Civil War dreams that are scary and violent. Since those dreams happens so often, I think it is likely that I'm dreaming about a past life. But last night's dream was altogether new and different. I'm somewhat curious about what it all means. The only thing I do know is that I'm certainly feeling the physical effects of it today.

No comments: