Sunday, October 29, 2006

Why I Need a See-Through Pantry

I don't know how it happened, but somehow my "pantry" is stocked with about 10 little cans of tomato paste, about 8 cans of either diced or crushed tomatoes, and about 15 pounds of pasta. I suppose I buy things when I don't necessarily need it. But if you go to the store and they have a sale where you can buy one box of pasta and get one box free, then you buy two boxes. I guess I also don't always check my cupboards and "pantry" before I go shopping. If I took a quick look, I would probably know that I don't need another box of bow tie pasta. And to make matters worse, if it is on the top shelf, then forget about it. I'm on the not-so-tall side (okay, I am kind of short), so I can't always see what is on the top shelf if it is tucked away in the back. I suppose this isn't all that bad considering pasta and canned tomatoes can last for a few years. Plus, when you live in Colorado, you never know when a blizzard will hit. With this amount of pasta, I suppose I could be snowed in for a month or more and still have enough to eat.

Current drink: root beer
Current music: Holly Brook
Like Blood Like Honey

No comments: