Sunday, January 20, 2008

More of This and That

Hair and stuff: As I wrote a few days ago, this was going to be a relaxing and quiet weekend. On Saturday, I went to the salon to get my hair done. They say you're supposed to have your hair cut every two or three months, but I hardly ever do that. I'm really bad when it comes to keeping regular hair appointments, and it is mostly because I'm too busy to find time to make the appointment! It's been over six months since I last had my hair done, and I was in serious need of...well, something...anything... I had about three or four inches cut off and my stylist put in a lot of layers and texture. I also got some more color, because I had to wash that gray right out of my hair. I wanted to do something "different" so I asked for purple color. Now, I'm sure there was a collective shout of "what?!" but the purple looks really good. It's not a bright, neon purple. It is more of a deep metallic purple. If "deep metallic purple" isn't enough of a visual, I suppose you can say that it is also the color of wine. Since I naturally have black hair, the two colors blend nicely. So, I'm liking my new color and cut, which is a good thing because it cost me a fortune.

Food and stuff: When I was writing up my shopping list this morning, I was struck with the sudden urge to cook some different and more elaborate dinners for myself this week. I usually like to make things that are quick and easy, but this week I wanted to do more. So for the menu this week I'm going to make Baked Penne with Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Ground Turkey, and Zucchini. And later in the week, I'm going to make Eggplant Parmigiana. Yes, I'm only going to officially cook only two dishes, but with all of the leftovers, I can probably eat for a week or more on these two dishes alone. Yes, I like pasta and Italian food. And, yes, I'll be sure to eat salads, too.

Work and stuff: I have the day off tomorrow! Yipee!

Weather and stuff: It's pretty darn cold!!

Shopping and stuff: I wonder if the liquor stores are open tomorrow. I'm out of Cognac! And wine...

1 comment:

Knitasaurus said...

So, can we see this hair? I know you don't post pictures of yourself often, but maybe you could email them to a curious friend... The Muse with purple hair - this I really want to see.

-C