Sunday, January 13, 2008

R and R

On Friday I made a vow and promise to myself to not work over the weekend. The hours I have been working lately have been long and exhausting, and I needed a break. And so far I've been successful. I haven't worked at all this weekend, and I haven't even checked my work e-mail.

Instead of working, I've been resting and relaxing for a change. Well, sort of... I've been neglecting my apartment over the past few weeks, so I've been cleaning and organizing. I've been purging or recycling things that I don't need anymore. And I've been stuffing a bag full of things that I'm going to donate to Goodwill. It feels good to cleanse and minimize and downsize around here.

Other than household chores, I've been passing time this weekend by watching football. My interest in these games are somewhat half-hearted because the Broncos didn't make the playoffs, but the games have been pretty good. Sometimes the only thing I don't like about watching sports are the "color commentators" who give the play-by-play commentary. What annoys me is the fact that most of them try to sound more intelligent and articulate than they really are, but they usually just reveal their stupidity instead. Anyone knows that the phrase "no one put much trust in he or his team" is a grammatically incorrect sentence. Or at least people should know that the phrase is incorrect. It's almost as bad as when someone says "between he and I." It's just wrong.

And on the note of being grammar obsessive, many thanks to el Scoho, for bringing this blog to my attention. The GrammarBlog is all about the grammatical errors that surround us in the world. Scoho sent me a link to a specific post in July that dealt with the grammatical errors that can be found in restaurant menus. This is the perfect blog for all the word and grammar nerds and geeks out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more about the color commentators. Some of them are OK, but I really hate it when they think they are being cute and want to talk about things other than the actual game. Most times we just turn the volume down. I would actually rather just hear the sound of the crowd in the background and the stadium announcer!