Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ouch, my head!

Today was another crazy day at work, and my throbbing head is proof of how crazy it was. I think the problem started by being in meetings for most of the day. I got into the office a little after 8:00 and frantically tried to get some work done before the meetings started at 9:00. The meeting kept going until after 12:00. There was a short break, and, again, I frantically tried to cram as much work as I could into about 40 minutes. The meeting started again, and eventually some sandwiches were brought in. Then the meeting ended around 3:00. I think the problem was that I wasn't able to eat or drink enough during the day. I have a fast metabolism, and I'm hungry every two or three hours. As it is, I eat breakfast at home before I go into the office. And by the time I get settled in at the office, I'm ready for my "second breakfast." Then I usually snack on fruits or nuts before and after lunch. I think I was just hungry and dehydrated all day, and eventually I started to get a bad headache. But then we also had our department happy hour tonight, and I felt obligated to be social so I went out for just one drink. For some reason I drank a Mothership Wit, a strange type of "white beer" that is also carbonated. It seemed really odd to me, because I usually drink dark beers. The beer was okay, but it is probably the type of beer that would be better in the summer not the dead of winter. It didn't help my headache either.

So now I'm going to bed and hoping that I'll feel better in the morning. Poor me!

No comments: