Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ready for a New Week

As I wrote in my last post, this last week was, well, "off." Something just wasn't right. But a kind and comforting call from a good friend seemed to make me feel better. It calmed me down, and it helped me relax. I took some work home with me this weekend, but I really didn't do that much. I only worked for a few hours this evening. For the most part this weekend, I didn't do much of anything. I went shopping and ran a few errands, but other than that I just relaxed. This was a beautiful weekend, too. It was hard to believe that it is January and that it is supposed to be winter. It was sunny and warm all weekend. It was about 65 degrees when I went out this afternoon. It feels strange to go shopping in January without being bundled up and wearing a hat, scarf, and gloves. It felt so nice I didn't even bring a light jacket with me.

It was a calm and relaxing weekend, and I think that I am ready for the coming week. I say that now, but you never know what to expect in the next few days--a terrible snow storm, piles of work, who knows what else. Oh well. What can you do? I'll just try to think positive. And when that doesn't help, I'll try to remember how good I felt when I got that one phone call...

Now I must go. It's past my bedtime for a work night...

No comments: