Monday, January 21, 2008

Sales, Shampoo, and Shivers...oh my!

Sales: I suppose this is one of those times when Victoria's Secret is having their semi-annual clearance sale. Because of that, I'm getting bombarded with catalogs and e-mails that give me all the awesome sale prices. That's just not fair. That's like holding cocaine in front of an addict. Except I'm not sniffing anything... okay, that sounded bad, even for me...

Shampoo: I always forget that when you cut significant inches off your hair you don't need that much shampoo. I took my shower this morning and before I knew it, I had a mountain of suds on top of my hair. It was actually sort of fun to play with. But this time, at least, wasn't as bad as when I had my most dramatic hair cut. I once had my hair all the way down to my waist. When I sat in the stylist's chair, I said, in the words of Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, "all off." I cut off all my hair into what I called my Halle Berry Cut. It was really short and cropped close to my head. With a cut like that I realized that I didn't need conditioner. This is random...

Shivers: Baby, it's cold outside!! I woke up this morning and looked out the window to see a nice blanket (more like a white sheet) of snow outside. I hadn't even opened my door at that point, but it just looked cold. And I eventually realized that it was (and is) cold outside. I had to take my clothes to the laundry room and my nose hairs quickly froze. I now regret that I didn't go out this weekend to buy another fleece jacket and a new pair of gloves. I have a pair of gloves, but they really don't do that much to keep my hands warm. I'm a small person and I don't think that I have much blood flowing through me. This is also why I can never donate blood--once they take it out of me, they will just have to put it back in. But I digress. Again, the gloves I have don't do much to keep my hands and fingers warm. Even with the gloves, it feels like my fingers are about to fall off. But, let's face it, women's gloves are designed to be more of an accessory than to do anything that is useful and functional. They are designed to look pretty. But when you live in Colorado, you don't need prettily knitted gloves with pretty colors. Maybe some women can wear gloves like that, but if I want to keep my hands warm, I basically need ski gloves that are waterproof and that have double insulation.

Current mood: relaxed but cold
Current music: K. T. Tunstall. Drastic Fantastic
Current drink: coffee

No comments: